FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What size re-cap go with what size Pro Knee/Derby Pads?
2. What is the difference between Pro Knee Pad and Pro Derby Knee Pad?
The Pro Knee Pad has been our flagship product since day one. It is a bigger pad over-all and the bend/shape is fixed on the perfect angle to cup your knee when you fall. The Pro Knee Pad is made of 1 ½” thick foam.
The Pro Derby Knee Pad has a one of a kind flex hinge. It has the same bend at the knee as the Pro Knee Pad, but the flex hinge allows the pad to move with your leg. The over-all sizing is also smaller. The Pro Derby Knee Pad is made of 1 ¼ ” thick foam.
3. What is the difference between Fly Knee Pads and the Pro Knee Pads?
The Fly Knee Pad is a smaller, lower profile knee pad. It’s a good starter pad, great for someone just getting into skating. It has a dense 7/8” thick foam. Also, the caps are not replaceable. The Pro Knee Pad is a pro level knee pad with maximum protection for going fast and doing high expert level tricks. This is the model 98% of the top pro skaters use.
4. What is the difference between the Wrist Guard and the Derby Wrist Guard?
The derby specific wrist guard is designed for the specific needs of derby. It’s short in length, the hand can slide in and the slider cap on the palm allows for more sliding on the surface.
The wrist guard is an all-around wrist guard for any type of sport, with the classic open back, 3 strap system.
5. What size pad am I ? (every pad)
Here is our sizing chart Click Here
6. How do I measure my leg/elbow/head/hand?
Follow the sizing instructions here Click Here
7. Are your helmets certified?
We currently only sell the traditional design “soft foam” non-certified helmets.
8. Do you need a PayPal account to purchase from the website?
No, you don’t t need a Paypal account to purchase from our website. Once you “check out now,” at the bottom click “Pay with Paypal.” Then click “create a account.” This allows you to then checkout with your credit card.
9. Do you ship international from your website?
Sorry, we don’t ship internationally.
10. Do wrist guards come in the Combo Pack?
No, only our JR packs have knee, elbow and wrist guards. The Combo Pack includes a version of our Fly Knee Pads and our Elbow Pads.
11. Is the Fly Knee or Pro Knee included in the Combo Pack?
A version of our Fly Knee is included in the Combo Pack.
12. How do I know if my helmet fits right?
Your helmet should fit snug on your head. It should sit just above your eyebrows, but not too tight. Also check our measuring system here Click Here
13. What is the difference between our 3 elbow pad models?
The Standard Elbow is our original and more traditional design of elbow pad and is our best seller. It has a ½” of foam.
The Slim Elbow Pad is a smaller, more compact elbow pad, with a fixed bottom strap. The Slim Pad still offers great protection with a ½” of foam.
The Pro Elbow Pad is a larger, more thick and bulky pad for those who want max protection for their elbows. It has a 7/8” of foam.
14. What is our warranty on pads?
Our warranty is six months for defects or malfunctions. Our warranty does not include wear and tear.
15. How small are the JR sizes?
The Jr size pads are the smallest pads we make and fit kids from 4-8yrs
16. Do pads stretch once skated in a few times?
Yes, pads may be tight when you first put them on right out of the box. Give it a few sessions and it will form and fit similar like shoes.
17. Why is the pad so tight even with my measurements correct? Does this mean it’s the wrong size?
No, If you can still slide on the pad it will break in after a few sessions.
18. Can I exchange my pads that I bought from the website? (size or color exchange etc.)
Yes, please send an email from the website to: Check Here Worn and unused pads can be returned or exchanged.
19. Can I get sponsored?
Please send sponsorship inquiries to: Click Here
20. Can I get pads/helmets for my whole team?
Yes, you can inquire for team pads at: http://187killerpads.com/contact/
21. AS AN EU CUSTOMER, WILL I NEED TO PAY CUSTOMS CHARGES?
We cover all custom charges on our side, so delivery to EU mainland addresses shouldn't be subject to customs or import charges, but each territory does work differently.
You may be subject to taxes, fees, levies or other charges due to local laws or customs rules. Whoever your order is addressed to is responsible for all customs costs associated with the import of the products, and will be required to pay any additional charges for international delivery.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org